Year 3 to Year 6 Belle Vue Primary – One Day School
In February 2016 the media was alive with stories that excited the imaginations and minds of countless people all over the globe. One of the world’s most celebrated thinkers, Albert Einstein published his general theory of relativity. This theory described how gravity warps and distorts space-time. When Albert Einstein was alive he believed that no one would be able to prove his theory that gravitational waves existed. He didn’t doubt there were other great minds thinking about his theory or posing their own ideas; he had not conceptualised the speed of technological change that would enable us to prove our thinking. A century later, great thinkers used the Advanced Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory Detectors to identify the existence of gravitational waves and prove the theory of Albert Einstein.
As Entersoars (members of our community of gifted thinkers) detection is now up to you. Turning your thoughts to the past and to the future, perhaps even at the same time, may lead you to immerse yourself in the original thoughts of others, exploring, analysing, inventing, reinventing, challenging, questioning and sharing your discoveries with other like minds. You can choose to do this through your love of literacy, film, fantasy, reading, philosophy, writing, science fiction, or even through mathematical thought. The choice will be yours. As an Entersoar building skills as a researcher is part of your journey. This is your chance to contemplate your own original thought and to make predictions as to the time it will take the great thinkers of our future to validate the accuracy of your thoughts; you never know that great thinker of the future to prove your original thought might even be you!
Parents please note:
- A maximum of 15 students will attend the course at one time.
- To join this community it is recommended that you have your school’s support to attend as your child will be absent from school one day a week for eight weeks.
- Please contact us if you need advice in garnering the support of your school.
- It is recommended that the students attending this course have advanced skills in either literacy or mathematics. It will be necessary to have strong reading skills for research purposes.
- Original thoughts will be encouraged across all domains including literacy, mathematics, science and technology.
- The research skills taught will be aligned to the Australian Curriculum from Year 6 and above. Learning will be scaffolded depending on each individual student’s needs to meet these curriculum outcomes.
- Duration Term Two - Starts on Thursday 23rd April 2020. One school day a week during a school term for eight weeks with the day commencing at 9.30am and finishing at 3pm.
- Students Enrolled 2
20 Highview Rd, Balwyn North VIC 3104