Born to Soar, offer both group and personal assessment for students. The aim of these assessments is to provide an indication of a student’s strengths, talents and an overview of their cognitive abilities. By having students undertake assessments, parents and educators are able to make more informed decisions when planning curriculum and student placement.
What is the difference between group and individual testing?
- Group assessment: provides an overview of a student’s learning domains. The parent report is general in nature while still providing an indication of the student’s strengths, talents and cognitive abilities.
- Individual assessment: is a one-to-one process and is tailored to each student’s differing abilities across their learning profile. This format allows the tester to monitor the student and decide when it is appropriate to conclude the assessment. The report to parents which accompanies the assessment is more in comprehensive. In all the individual assessment provides more detailed information about the student. For example a Year 3 student may achieve a result indicating Year 7 ability in literacy and Year 6 ability in mathematical thinking.
What assessments are administered?
Group – Reading Comprehension Test – 30 minutes
Writing Test – 30 minutes
Mathematical Reasoning Test – 30 minutes
Abstract Reasoning Test – 30 minutes
Individual – Both literacy and mathematical understandings
Timing 30 to 80 minutes depending on the needs of the student
Who can sit the assessment?
All students can sit the individual assessments.
Any student from Year 4 through to Year 11 can sit for the group assessment.
If your child is below Year 4, they will need to have an individual assessment.
Please contact us at [email protected] for advice on appropriate assessment for your needs.
When and where is assessment available?
- Group assessment: Is offered twice a term, either on school days or Saturdays.
- Individual assessment: Is available by appointment.
- Assessment will be undertaken at Cheltenham (south-east suburb of Melbourne)
What is the cost for assessment?
- Group assessment: $375 per student
- Individual assessment: $780 per student
How do I register my child for assessment
- Please email [email protected] to register for a place.
- Duration Individual – Both literacy and mathematical understandings Timing 30 to 80 minutes depending on the needs of the student
- Students Enrolled 0