Engage your Child’s Learning at Home or at School
You can choose to join us by enrolling in a face to face one day school environment operating in Melbourne.
You can choose to join us by enrolling in a virtual class operating nationally and internationally.
Born to Soar offer gifted and talented assessment for your child.
Please contact us at [email protected] or visit the courses tab if you would like some advice regarding this formal assessment.
There are more courses available that are not currently on the website. Born to Soar can also design a course especially for your child. Please ask us so that we can support you in best meeting the needs of your child.
Born to Soar Courses
- challenge the highly able child to be a thinker
- nurture and develop intellectual character
- are designed to accelerate learning
- offer enrichment
- are predicated against the Australian Curriculum
We achieve this by
- providing one day school face to face classes in Melbourne
- offering learning that allows for choice and personal study
- nurturing the development of research skills in all areas of the curriculum
- encouraging student voice and self-advocacy
- offering opportunities to work with like-minded boys and girls
- facilitating discussion and questioning to extend understanding shifting the focus from drill and practise activities
- providing a real teacher who will mentor and guide students through the challenges using small group video conferencing
- allowing students to work at their own pace at home and at school generally over a four week period meeting online once a week for virtual classes
- providing learning material via a password protected folder and a secure cloud repository for uploaded material to ensure privacy and safety
Points to consider as you join our learning community
- Check your child’s skill level matches the course requirements; these can be found in the Courses Section of the website.
- Joining our community allows you to hear updates from Born to Soar and is not a committment to enrol in a course
For virtual classes
- Provide a quiet space with a computer, tablet or ipad and a headset.
- Ensure you have ADSL or Broadband internet access
- Remember there needs to be a responsible adult nearby while your child is online.
- Provide materials so your child can record their thinking.
- There could be one or up to four students working in the virtual classroom.
Please email us at [email protected] with any questions.