Born to Soar offers professional development to support teachers in identifying, planning for and teaching gifted students.
We are available to act as mentors to individual teachers or small teams; or to deliver a sequential program to whole staff groups.
VIC – Student Excellence Program
- Providing virtual Masterclasses to students
- Running PD focusing on practice leaders and teaching staff of the SEP program
- Support Schools with design and implementation of the SEP
Important Upcoming Event:
The VIT has recently determined that as a pre-requisite for registration that all Victorian teachers will be required to declare any professional development (PD) activities undertaken in the previous 2 years that develop their capability to teach learners with a disability (special needs).
The definition of disability includes those learners with disability who are supported by general resources available within the school or service as well as learners who are receiving targeted specialist education and supports. Gifted students can and do achieve exemplary academic outcomes but require the support of teachers who understand that their gifts may also be coupled with a disability.
Born to Soar meets this VIT requirement through the PD session:
Catering for the ‘Twice Exceptional’ student ( gifted with a learning difficulty)
Born to Soar’s specialist gifted teachers also offer PD on a range of gifted topics including:
- Tools to underpin the identification and nomination of gifted students
- Streamlined techniques when planning for the academic learning needs of gifted students in your subjects and classes
- Supporting the global needs of the gifted student
- Writing individual learning programs
- Tracking student development – meeting short and long term goals
- Designing a whole school gifted policy and approach
- Running Gifted Parent Support Group meetings
- Q & A documentation on gifted educational outcomes
- Accessing ongoing support for your gifted students
PD sessions can be run at your school or hosted by Born to Soar.
For further information on dates and venues please contact [email protected]
Our staff has senior educational leadership experience and work with school principals to set strategic direction. We are happy to meet with you to develop an action plan that covers policy, culture and classroom practice to ensure gifted students are afforded the educational equity that they deserve.
For further information contact [email protected]